Now reserving 2021 Dates for Outings under CT Re-Open Guidelines
We welcome your group to a golf experience like none other. Candlewood offers 175 scenic acres of challenging golf, and food and beverages options to satisfy everyone’s cravings. We are the host course to many corporate and non-for-profit organizations each year ranging from groups as small as 12 to outings as large as 144 golfers. Our staff is committed to making each and every event a success.
- Dedicated Registration Area (indoor or out)
- Bag Drop/Valet Service
- Custom score cards, personalized cart signs, and tournament rules sheet for your event.
- Video and Online Scoreboard for your event through USGA Tournament Management Club® Powered by Golf Genius® – Scoring provided by PGA Golf Professional or Assistant Professional
- Assistance with formats, rules, and prize breakdown.
- Hole Sponsor Sign(s) placed at tees if provided the day before the event.
- Contests of Longest Drive, Closest to the Line, and Closest to the Pin
Food & Beverage
We can accommodate groups large and small. Candlewood has several food and beverage packages to chose from for your outing. Let our friendly professional food and beverage team “Wow” your guests with their service and our great food packages
Which type of outing is right for your group?
Group Golf From 12-144 Golfers
Whether it is a corporate or charity outing, bachelor party, or just a group of friends getting out for the day – Candlewood has 3 tournament formats to make your outing a success!
- Full Field Shotgun Outing (100+ Golfers): All foursomes begin at the same time on a different hole, and this format can accommodate up to 144 players.
- Modified Shotgun Outing (40-90 Golfers): For groups under the 100 golfer minimum who would like to start at the same time. All groups start and finish at the same time without using the entire course to start. Groups will usually start on the back nine, and Hole number 1.
- Reserved Tee Time Outing (12+ Golfers): One foursome tees off every 9 minutes from Hole 1. These are best for smaller groups.
Our Golf Professional recommends the following 3 of the more popular scoring formats, and will help you choose which one is best for your group. (Based on experience, skill level, and group size)
- Scramble: The most popular and most widely used for any size group and skill set. This is a team event with only one score per hole. Each team member hits their drive off the tee, the best drive of the group plays their second shot off that location. This format continues until the ball is holed out.
- Best Ball: Each player plays their ball for the entire hole. The best score of the foursome is recorded.
- Shamble: This is a combination of a Scramble and Best Ball format. Each player hits their drive off the tee, and from this shot only the foursome picks the best drive and each player hits their own ball from this location for the rest of the hole. This format works with a mixed group of high and low handicap golfers.
Please note that Callaway Tournaments are not permitted at Candlewood Valley Country Club.
Golf Outing Information
Thank you for considering Candlewood Valley Country Club for your upcoming Golf Outing. This page has been made available to help you throughout the golf outing process from start to finish.
- After you have discussed the date of your outing with the General Manager or Director of Golf, you will receive a “Golf Outing Contract.” Please complete and return the attached contract with your deposit.
- The deposit for all golf outings is 0. You may use the deposit towards the cost of your outing.
- Upon the receipt of the signed contract and deposit, the starting times or modified shotgun or shotgun format space, will be reserved for your group. Full Shotgun starts are subject to a 100 player minimum, no exceptions.
- Seven (7) days in advance, you are required to confirm the guaranteed count of your group for golf and food. Full payment for the guaranteed count is due the day of the event.
- It is recommended that you collect all money due from your participants by the seven day deadline, that way you will not have to cover the costs for any players who do not show up on the day of your event.
- You will be responsible for the cost of your guaranteed number of players. Any additions to the number of players must be done as soon as possible and will be subject to the availability of tee times or room on the golf course in the instance of a modified or full shotgun format.
- To prevent confusion the day of the event, it is required that you collect all greens, cart, food, and pro-shop fees from your group. You will settle up with the General Manger or Director of Golf Operations with one payment.
- We ask that you have your group ready to tee off 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time(s).
- To hold an outing at our course, you must utilize our food and beverage services for at least two out of three meals. Outside food and beverage may not be brought onto our premises per the State of CT, Department of Liquor Control, and the local health department.
Should you have to cancel your outing, and you notify Candlewood Valley Country Club a minimum of 120 days in advance of your outing date, you will receive a full refund of your deposit. If you cancel within that 120 day period, there will be no refund of your deposit. This is the complete refund policy and is not subject to exception. If you are entitled to a refund, please allow 14 days for your check to be processed and mailed.
Rain or cold or less than optimum weather conditions are not grounds for cancellation. If the course is open, you are expected to hold your event. If conditions are dangerous, unplayable or the Director of Golf and Course Superintendent have closed the course, we can schedule an alternate date for you, or you can be issued a refund of any unused, non-perishable services and goods.
If the course is open, you are responsible for your tee times.