18 Hole Course
We welcome your group to a golf experience like none other. Candlewood offers 175 scenic acres of challenging golf, and food and beverages options to satisfy everyone’s cravings. We are the host course to many corporate and non-for-profit organizations each year ranging from groups as small as 12 to outings as large as 144 golfers. Our staff is committed to making each and every event a success.
- Dedicated Registration Area (indoor or out)
- Custom score cards, personalized cart signs, and tournament rules sheet for your event.
- Video and Online Scoreboard for your event through TPP Viewer® – Scoring provided by PGA Golf Professional or Assistant Professional
- Assistance with formats, rules, and prize breakdown.
- Hole Sponsor Sign(s) placed at tees if provided the day before the event.
- Contests of Longest Drive, Closest to the Line, and Closest to the Pin
Relax and Celebrate
Food and Beverage
We can accommodate groups large and small. Candlewood has several food and beverage packages to chose from for your outing. Let our friendly professional food and beverage team “Wow” your guests with their service and our great food packages.
Which type of outing is right for your group?
Group Golf from 12-144 Golfers
Whether it is a corporate or charity outing, bachelor party, or just a group of friends getting out for the day – Candlewood has 3 tournament formats to make your outing a success!
- Full Field Shotgun Outing (100+ Golfers): All foursomes begin at the same time on a different hole, and this format can accommodate up to 144 players.
- Modified Shotgun Outing (40-90 Golfers): For groups under the 100 golfer minimum who would like to start at the same time. All groups start and finish at the same time without using the entire course to start. Groups will usually start on the back nine, and Hole number 1.
- Reserved Tee Time Outing (12+ Golfers): One foursome tees off every 9 minutes from Hole 1. These are best for smaller groups.
Our Golf Professional recommends the following 3 of the more popular scoring formats, and will help you choose which one is best for your group. (Based on experience, skill level, and group size)
- Scramble: The most popular and most widely used for any size group and skill set. This is a team event with only one score per hole. Each team member hits their drive off the tee, the best drive of the group plays their second shot off that location. This format continues until the ball is holed out.
- Best Ball: Each player plays their ball for the entire hole. The best score of the foursome is recorded.
- Shamble: This is a combination of a Scramble and Best Ball format. Each player hits their drive off the tee, and from this shot only the foursome picks the best drive and each player hits their own ball from this location for the rest of the hole. This format works with a mixed group of high and low handicap golfers.
Please note that Callaway Tournaments are not permitted at Candlewood Valley Country Club.
Get Started Today!
View our Golf Outing Process to help you get off to a great start.
View our Food and Beverage selections here
Below is a copy of our Golf Outing Policies that you may distribute to all participants prior to your outing